No To The Bike Parking Tax
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WESC - 28th November 2012

+6
Ballistic
Quiet-Flight
Legolas
thundergar
shaman
Lockstcok
10 posters

Go down

WESC - 28th November 2012 Empty WESC - 28th November 2012

Post  Lockstcok Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:51 am

Howde Folks

Well that was an interesting evening.....
Nice to see the police, leaving us alone… rumour has it that one of ‘em had a portable TV and they were watching the footie.
The phasing of the lights was interesting too, I hope they keep it up, ‘cause it was causing mayhem on the approach roads, leaving us a free round about to zip round – never been so fast ! And still couldn't catch Quite Flight and The Gibbo.......

Great catch up over a glass of milk… & serously hope John Boy got home okay...

What were the Serbs protesting about ?? – All that flag waving !!
Go on, bog off , this is 'Biker's Square'.....

Lockstcok

Back to top Go down

WESC - 28th November 2012 Empty Re: WESC - 28th November 2012

Post  shaman Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 am

Sorry. Missed it. Been mad busy.

Went alright did it?

shaman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thundergar Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 pm

`Good to see everyone, sorry I had to duck out around half past...had some bike trouble too

the lights were bonkers, at one point the square was almost empty except for bikes!
I thought the approach roads looked gridlocked before we even got there, wonder if they were trying to be clever and messed up.

thundergar

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolas Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:05 am

Evening gents.

Sorry I'm a bit late to this forum. Still, better late than never.

Sorry also for missing Wednesday's WESC. I learned the night before that I'd be working until 7.15. On the day itself it was more like 8.30!!

Hopefully I'll be there at the next one.

It sounds like it was another success. If they really are messing about with traffic light phasing then it does suggest, as has been said by our leader all along, that we are having an impact. And with one or two of us still firing our own arrows, sooner or later one of them will find the chink in their armour and do some damage.

Anyway just thought I'd touch base. It'd be good to get some of the other stalwarts on here too.

And thanks to our web-enlightened few for getting this page up and running.

Legolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Quiet-Flight Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:36 am

Well done on getting this forum up, good job, much needed.

The last WESC was different for sure! Traffic was heavy anyway, and once the buses started piling in, they almost did not need our help. After a while the light phasing changed and at some points we were the only ones out there, much to the disbelief of watching motorists and pedestrains. Even the police did not seem that bothered. Not a word, just let us get on with it.

We clearly are keeping the pressure on - no surrender!

Good to catch up with all the old faces at The Sherlock Holmes.

Now have a 200 mile round trip to make the ride outs, will certainly try and continue to make as many as I can.

Onwards and upwards!

Quiet-Flight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistic Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 am

Lockstcok wrote:Howde Folks
What were the Serbs protesting about ?? – All that flag waving !!

Lockstock...I think you need to freshen up on your knowledge of flags Laughing
Luckily you did not call any of the protesters there as 'Serbs' as you would've prolly ended up dead - those were Albanians. Evil or Very Mad
Not sure what they were celebrating/protesting about...didn't care to ask Wink

Anyways...sorry for ducking out early on Wednesday...had to go on client site - server problems.

Ballistic

Ballistic

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpy Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Well done on keeping things going chaps
I have mist the last two events as I was in Goa for November (Just got Back)

See you all at T/S after Xmas

Grumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lockstcok Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 pm

[/quote]

Lockstock...I think you need to freshen up on your knowledge of flags Laughing

Ballistic[/quote]

Yo Ballastic

Ooooops !!
Your soo right, it wouldn’t have gone down well if I’d tried to High Five ‘em, yellin , ‘Go Serb, Go’!
Flag recognition isn’t one of my strong points and given the Albanian flag has such a sinister look about it (Black two headed eagle on a red background), I naturally thought it was a Serbian flag…….. making the connection between it and Ratko Mladic and all that he represented – ethic cleansing – war crimes etc.,
Oh well no harm done (not that I give a stuff !) but they seemed nice enough, I did get a bit concerned when they swarmed the square when John-boy’s Kawa broke down but as the ol’ bill were there… no worries..

I was shocked by your accident photo’s and glad your okay, now.
How you likin the Beema?

Lockstcok

Back to top Go down

Post  R-dubya Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:02 am

Hiya - my first post here on the new forum

Yes, it was weird about the traffic light phasing: almost as if someone in a control room somewhere was watching it all on CCTV and pushing buttons as if to keep us going round and round without stopping bounce

Has anyone heard from John Boy? Hope he got home OK

R-dubya

Back to top Go down

WESC - 28th November 2012 Empty Re: - 28th November 2012

Post  jonboy189 Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi Guys,

That was a good event, I've been out of touch until now.

Many thanks for all your good wishes - yes I got home AOK thanks. The problem was just a couple of slightly corroded connections on the charging circuit; flattened the battery. Cleaned up all the connections all over and now seems to be OK.

I don't seem to have received any notices of rides until now - I did go to the batcave on January 30th, but was alone!!

See you all tomorrw evening. Jonboy

jonboy189

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistic Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:42 am

Much better response today...we had about 18 riders leaving Batcave plus quite a few joining us on TS. Police were there in force too and some creative traffic light manipulation happened (again) causing complete gridlock on feed roads and allowing us to do lap or two without stopping Very Happy
Good to see quite a few of new faces plus some 'old' warriors, plus nice weather helped (and email notification). I'd estimate peak numbers were at around 25-ish.

Ballistic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lockstcok Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:08 am

Well that was a laugh!
Poor ol' TFL messing with the light phasing ...to let us ride round the square - Biker's square (BS)
Think someone needs to tell the op that Green on BS, means Red on the approach roads, and does us the best favour we could wish for.... !
Plus, with Green lights all the way round, we can have a knee down if one fancies it - or perhaps a leisurely stroll ---
What ever - they are watching us, can't think why, as we're just a bunch of guys meeting up for a ride.
Was great to catch up with Ol’ faces over glass of milk. Still laughing over some of the jokes...

Lockstcok

Back to top Go down

Post  the gibbo Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Well done everyone could not make it. Been preoccupied causing trouble in other areas lately but will see you on the next one.
the gibbo
the gibbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down