No To The Bike Parking Tax
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun Glare !! A Pain in the eyes............ A Solution.

4 posters

Go down

Sun Glare !!  A Pain in the eyes............ A Solution. Empty Sun Glare !! A Pain in the eyes............ A Solution.

Post  Lockstcok Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:41 am

With the winter sun sitting so low in the sky, sun glare is a real problem, the closer the sun is to your line of slight the less you can see, which is a major problem if you can’t see brake lights for example.
Apart from being partially blinded, the Sun’s Glare also plays havoc with your eyes, resulting in squinting and eyestrain.

What’s needed is shade, which is fine if you wear an open face or a motorcross type helmet as a ‘peak’ can be clipped on as a visor to create shade, but, what to do if wear (like most of us) a full face or flip front helmet ?

A simple, effective, and cheap, DIY solution is at hand in the form of Black electrical insulating tape.
Simply apply a strip of said tape to the top of your visor (you may find that you need two strips) this will create a visor and hence some shade for your eyes to rest in, enabling you to see clearly ahead without the blinding Glare.

I have tried this and found it to be Very effective, way more so than any tinted visor or sunglasses.
This might save your life ! Dramatic I know, but something I wanted to share.

This is just a suggestion and you try it at your own risk, I take no responsibility for you doing so, blar, blar, blar, …. Other operators may charge more and you still maybe charged if you call out side of ….. etc., etc.,

Lets us know how you get on…

Ride On !

Lockstcok

Back to top Go down

Sun Glare !!  A Pain in the eyes............ A Solution. Empty Re: Sun Glare !! A Pain in the eyes............ A Solution.

Post  NutMagnet Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Lockstock

Here's a couple of tinted inserts made for the job and not a bad price either.
Oooooooops Can't post links as newbie... Sad just search ebay for the items listed below in red..

FOG CITY SPEED TINT SMOKED MOTORCYCLE VISOR INSERT.. £5.99 free post

And for Arai Helmets. £4.50 free post

FOG CITY - Speed Tint - Arai visors

They normally retail above £10 + the post.

If the links above sell out or end you can search for "Fog City Visor Inserts" on eBay
NutMagnet
NutMagnet

Back to top Go down

Sun Glare !!  A Pain in the eyes............ A Solution. Empty Re: Sun Glare !! A Pain in the eyes............ A Solution.

Post  Lockstcok Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:23 am

Thanks for the suggestion, but tinting the sun’s glare, doesn’t get rid of it.
In effect it’s still there, only tinted and just about bearable – especially if your driving into the sun head on.
What my suggestion/solution does, is take the sun out of the equation all together, much the same as a sun visor does in a car.
Anyway thanks for the reply, it’s good to share stuff.

Lockstcok

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk900 Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Lockstcok wrote:
What my suggestion/solution does, is take the sun out of the equation all together, much the same as a sun visor does in a car.

Now ya know why I only wear an open face with with the peak on sunny
Hawk900
Hawk900

Back to top Go down

Post  saramac Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:33 am

Ahhh...SUN?
What's that then Lockstock?

saramac

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk900 Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:22 am

saramac wrote:Ahhh...SUN?
What's that then Lockstock?

Agh! Don't ask him that, if you ride behind him he'll stand up & show you where he think it shines from Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hawk900
Hawk900

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum